Tuesday, May 14, 2013

papercussion suite

After a long time without using my papercussion set[1], I built a new one. Single piece set, just a [right side] ride, the bare minimum. It was enough pain to realign with it. For 2 days I couldn't get anything out of it. Tense wrist ? Tired fingers ? .. Dunno. But it's gone for the day and I'm enjoying the crap out of it. Makes me wanna kiss strangers and scream love at them. Wanna call some special person back just to flow my joy to her ears. It's funny how funky it makes you. And here lies the reason : you have no choice. The system response is very sensitive and exponential. You have to drive very fine amount of energy to it or it dies. Well done you can swing. Yes, swing on nothing but paper. So sensitive you start to use it as a real ride, sensing different sounds and bounce from the outter to the inner rim. There's even a plastic part, sounds smoother and darker.. awesome.
You just have no choice. Testa as Greeks would say. A natural one, it only works when fed the right data. I think it's even better than Dennis Chambers pillow workout. Unless he managed to bring sound out of a pillow. Who knows.. we're talking about Dennis Chambers after all.
I'm so addicted to it I played all day. Right side only, which I shouldn't; my left hand needs to learn too and I'm sure now that I can rock with the right, I will feel frustrated if I don't get even result on the left side soon.

[1] I should buzz patent that word.

No comments:

Post a Comment